Oxford's General Post Office at 102 to 104 St Aldate's was built between 1878 and 1880, at a cost of about £10,000. The architect was E. J. Rivers, Esq. of Her Majesty's Office of Works; the builders were Messrs Symm & Co., of Oxford. The building was enlarged and electrified in 1903. In 2003 St Aldate's Post Office building was bought by Merton College, which leases the ground floor back to the Post Office and the upper floors (which have been converted to office space) to other tenants.