The Covered Market is a historic market with permanent stalls and shops in a large covered structure in central Oxford, England. The market is located to the north of the High Street towards the western end between Cornmarket Street and Turl Street. To the north is Market Street. Most of the entrances are from the High Street and Market Street (with four entrances from each street). John Gwynn, the architect of Magdalen Bridge, drew up the plans and designed the High Street front with its four entrances. The Covered Market was officially opened on 1 November 1774 and is still active today.