King's Landing is a recreation of a New Brunswick town from the period of 1780-1910. It was created around buildings that were saved and moved to make way for the headpond for the Mactaquac Dam. It was primarily settled by Loyalists (called the United Empire Loyalists in Canada), although the Scottish, Irish and English were early settlers as well. It is approximately 40 km west of Fredericton, New Brunswick in the community of Prince William. Kings Landing Historical Settlement is a representation of rural New Brunswick during the 19th and early 20th century. It is not a replica of an actual village, but a collection of salvaged or recreated buildings from around the Mactaquac headpond and other locations around New Brunswick. With few exceptions, all the historical buildings on site have been moved and remodelled to specific years in their history. The project was originally started in the late sixties and continues to the present day, new buildings are being added every few years.