Kolomenskoye is a Russian estate, situated on the River Moskva c. 10 km south-east of central Moscow. It was a favourite country residence of the Grand Princes of Moscow and the Tsars from the time of Ivan Kalita (reigned 1328-1340). In 1923 the surviving buildings on the estate became part of the State Historical Museum, and in 1971 a special museum reserve was established for collections of Russian medieval icons and objects. Other historic wooden buildings were moved to the site, including the rustic log cabin of Peter the Great. Built in 1702 in Archangel on the north coast, it was brought to Kolomenskoye and reconstructed in 1934.