The church of S Domingo (1611) houses the Rosario Chapel, which was opened on 16 April 1690. It is notable for its decoration in the Poblano style, a term used to describe an exuberant architectural and sculptural style that developed in and around the city of Puebla in the 18th century. It is characterized by Baroque elements used in combination with ornate stucco, geometrically patterned red brickwork and polychrome glazed tiles (Sp. azulejos), which were produced by flourishing local industries. The use of glazed tiles and plaster arabesques reached a peak in the Rosario Chapel of S Domingo, which was decorated between 1650 and 1690 with gilt and polychrome Baroque plasterwork featuring plant, animal and figural motifs. The Renaissance scrolls in the interior of the Rosario Chapel were remodelled in the Baroque style, while the painted saints and polychrome statues, designed within a framework of complex symbolism exalting the Virgin, are surrounded by a welter of stucco and plaster Moresque tracery, as well as by a profusion of glazed tiles.