Kolomenskoye is a Russian estate, situated on the River Moskva c. 10 km south-east of central Moscow. It was a favourite country residence of the Grand Princes of Moscow and the Tsars from the time of Ivan Kalita (reigned 1328-1340). In 1923 the surviving buildings on the estate became part of the State Historical Museum, and in 1971 a special museum reserve was established for collections of Russian medieval icons and objects. Other historic wooden buildings were moved to the site. These include the Bee Masters Farmstead and a mead brewery building and a portion of the Bratsky Stockade Tower. A wooden gate tower was also brought from St. Nicolas Monastery at Karelia in 1932. It dates from 1692 and was built without a single nail.