The Bolshoi Theatre's original name was the Imperial Bolshoi Theatre of Moscow, while the St. Petersburg Bolshoi Theatre (demolished in 1886), was called the Imperial Bolshoi Kamenny Theatre. Bove had a leading role in the creation of Moscows first regular ensemble, Theatre Square, built to a single overall plan. The main building in the square, the Bolshoy Theatre, was built (1821-1824) by Bove reworking a design by Andrey Mikhailov. In 1855-1856 Kavos won a competition to restore the facades and interiors of the Bolshoy Theatre in Moscow after a fire there. He retained the Empire-style facade but reworked the interiors in neo-Baroque style.