Resurrection Gate is the only existing gate of the Kitai-gorod in Moscow. It connects the north-western end of Red Square with Manege Square and gives its name to nearby Voskresenskaya Square (Resurrection Square). The gate adjoins the ornate building of the Moscow City Hall to the east and the State Historical Museum to the west. Within the gatehouse is a small chapel which houses an icon from Mount Athos, the 'Iberian Virgin'. The original building of 1680 was destroyed in 1931 and completely rebuilt in 1994-1996.