Louis J. Gill was the nephew of Irving J. Gill. The original church, designed by Irving Gill, was built in 1907. The original church was used from 1907 to 1929. In 1929 the tower and chapel, designed by Louis Gill, were built and the original church was moved to another location in La Jolla [southwest corner of Draper and Genter]. The current church facility, also designed by Louis Gill, was built and dedicated in 1930. In 1959 Glazebrook Hall, designed by William Foster Wilmurt, was completed and dedicated.