The Marston House Museum is one of San Diego's finest examples of the Arts and Crafts architectural movement. Completed in 1905 for prominent merchant and civic leader, George W. Marston and his family, this 8,500 square-foot home is surrounded by four acres of rolling lawns, manicured formal gardens, and canyon pathways. Designed by renowned architects, Will Sterling Hebbard and Irving John Gill, the home's exterior demonstrates the 'form follows function' philosophy of the Craftsman period. The interior features Mission style pieces and a variety of decorative pottery, paintings, and textiles created by world-renown Craftsman artisans. The George W. Marston House was converted into a museum in 1987 after the Marston family gifted the house to the City of San Diego.