The Daily Record Printing Works in Renfield Lane has a frontage finished with white glazed bricks with contrasting blue glazed brickwork over the sculpted sandstone ground floor. It was designed in 1901 and completed in 1904. The lane is a mere 6 metres wide. No satisfactory viewing point can be reached to get a good look at Mackintosh's design intentions. The fa'ade's originality was enhanced by the use of full height tree motifs placed between the bays. Mackintosh created these symbols by the simple use of different coloured bricks. The Daily Record vacated the building in the late 1930's. As of 2007, it is unoccupied.