The Bishop's School is a private college preparatory Episcopalian day school located in La Jolla. Bishop's was founded in 1909. Originally it was a boarding school for girls only. The earliest parts of the campus were designed by architect Irving Gill. The current tower building was designed by Carleton Monroe Winslow, a replacement for the original Gill tower. The elements that are designated historic include Bentham Hall (Irving Gill, 1910), Scripps Hall (Irving Gill, 1910-1911), Gilman Hall (Irving Gill and Louis Gill, 1916), St. Mary's Chapel (Carleton Winslow, 1916), The Tower (Carleton Winslow, 1930), Wheeler J. Bailey Library (Carleton Winslow, 1935). The style owes a major debt to Spanish architecture in California as well as the Arts and Crafts Movement.