Fort Anne is a typical star fort built to protect the harbour of Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. The fort repelled all French attacks during the early stages of King George's War. It is now operated as Fort Anne National Historic Site, within the national park system. The 1797 officer's quarters was renovated in the 1930s and now houses the museum with exhibits about the fort's history and historic artifacts from the area. Initially Port Royal was located on the north shore of the Annapolis Basin, Nova Scotia, where there is currently the reconstruction of the original Habitation at Port-Royal. After its destruction (1613), Port Royal was re-established on the south shore of the basin by the French. This site was later taken by the British and named Fort Anne.