The Fontaines de la Concorde are two monumental fountains located in the Place de la Concorde in the center of Paris. They were designed by Jacques Ignace Hittorff, and completed in 1840 during the reign of King Louis-Philippe. The fountains sit on either side of the obelisk from Luxor given to Louis-Philippe by the viceroy of Egypt in 1831. Twelve sculptors worked on the fountains. The Maritime Fountain (La Fontaine des Mers), to the south, closer to the River Seine, represents the maritime spirit of France. Large semi-nude figures supporting the vasque represent the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. The figures are seated in the prow of a ship, the symbol of the City of Paris, and they are surrounded by dolphins. Other figures beneath the vasque represent the industries of the sea; Coral, Fish, Shells and Pearls. The Fountain of the Rivers (La Fontaine des Fleuves), to the north, closer to the Madeleine church, has large figures supporting the vasque who represent the Rh'ne River and the Rhine River. The other major figures represent the main harvests of France; Wheat and Grapes, Flowers and Fruit.