Savannah's Olde Pink House was so named for the beautiful shade of 'pink' stucco, which covers its old brick. This Georgian mansion was built in 1789 for James Habersham Jr., one of Savannah's most important early cotton factors and founding-family members. The lot was originally a land grant from the British Crown. The building is a fine example of colonial architecture, and one of the few buildings to survive the fire of 1796. Of particular interest is the Greek (Doric) portico with a beautiful Palladian window above. The fanlight over the front door is one of the oldest in Georgia. The interior features a lovely but simple Georgian stairway. It is now a restaurant.