Bird's eye view (not drawn to scale) of Edinburgh drawn by H. W. Brewer and engraved by T. Griffiths. View of New Town from Charlotte Square, looking down George Street towards Princes Street and the Castle beyond. The view terminates with Calton Hill and its monuments in the distance. The small domed pavilion in the top right hand corner was built for the 1886 world's fair (International Exhibition) and was opened by Queen Victoria on the 22nd May 1886. Folded copies of this print were handed out to visItors to the pavilion. It has a keyblock to the landmarks at the bottom. A print is in the City of Edinburgh Museums collections, as well as Boston Public Library.